Last Updated on 01/01/2021
Winter & desert like dry skin goes hand in hand. You cover yourself with heavy body butters and moisturizer. But let’s not forget the hands. So here is a little something you might find helpful! I’m talking about the best cruelty free hand cream that work absolutely AMAZING!
10 Best Cruelty Free Hand Cream
*contains affiliate link(s)
Would you like greasy hands that leave fingerprints on everything you touch? Yikes! I bet you don’t.
But, hand cream is still important for soft hands.
A good hand cream protects the sensitive palm skin from the environmental extremities of winter, dryness, cold winds and what not. Not just winter, washing our hands dozen of times a day is also there.
Your palm skin has fewer sebum glands. That means hand skin can’t produce much oil to protect itself. On top of that, there are hand sanitizers. Sulphates and antimicrobial chemicals are the base ingredients for hand washes and sanitizers. They not only dry out our hand skin but also damages skin’s epidermal barrier.
Don’t want to end up with flaky wrinkled hand skin? Check out our top favorite cruelty free hand moisturizing cream!
1. Jack Black Industrial Strength Hand Healer
Jack Black Hand Healer is a heavy duty hand salve for severely dry hands. If you want to heal your flaky or damaged hand skin quickly, this is the best option.
This cult-favorite hand cream is enriched with eucalyptus oil, vitamins, macadamia nut oil & glycerin. It is also fragrance free and is suitable for eczema prone skin. Also, a vegan friendly formula.
1. Rich hand cream with botanical actives
2. Fragrance free and vegan
3. Heal severely chapped skin, calluses
4. Perfect for winter dryness
1. Might feel greasy in summer
2. The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Hand Cream
This dermatologically tested cruelty free and vegan hand cream is specially designed for extra dry & rough hands. The main ingredients of this soothing cream are pure Ethiopian honey and almond milk from Spain. It is a soft cream with moderate to heavy moisturizing power. You’ll love the calming small of almonds and honey.
It is a quite good hand cream and personally one of my favorites.
1. Almond milk and organic honey based nourishing hand care cream
2. Quick absorbing light formula
3. No sweat
4. Reduces dryness, softens calluses
1. Might need a little extra in case you have super dry hand skin
3. Bliss Lemon & Sage Hand Cream
Don’t like slimy hands? Try Bliss Lemon & Sage Hand Cream. This PETA certified cruelty free hand cream comes with goodness of hyaluronic acid, macadamia, shea butter, soya oil and pro vitamin.
It is ultra gentle to the skin. A hand hydrator without nasty chemicals like parabens, phthalates and sulphate. Enjoy the quirky aroma of lemon and sage with this vegan friendly hand cream!
1. Aromatherapy hand cream for dry hands (increases skin’s moisture level by 15-20%)
2. Fresh citrus smell
3. Light non-oily formula
4. Free from harmful preservatives and animal testing
1. Contains added fragrance (Might not be the best cream for sensitive skin)
4. Yes To Coconut Ultra Hydrating Cream
Yes To hand cream is a super hydrating one. It is a clever combination of essential fatty acids of coconut, oils of shea butter, banana and avocado.
This environment friendly hand moisturizer is Leaping Bunny certified cruelty free. It is also free from triclosan, BPA, soya derivatives and parabens. A vegan moisturizer gets absorbed into skin quickly and heals chapped bleeding palm and cuticles.
1. Hand cream with 97% natural ingredients
2. Non-greasy, fast absorbing
3. Takes care of severely dry hands and also cuticles
1. Not for oily hands
5. Hempz Milk & Honey Herbal Hand & Foot Cream
This is aroma therapeutic hand and foot moisturizer that gently works on your dry and scaly skin. It repairs and rejuvenates cracked and chapped skin. Hempz contains natural skin nourishers like 100% pure hemp seed oil, cocoa butter and vitamin E rich shea butter. Presence of rice water calms down the irritation caused by dryness. The formula is free from paraben and gluten.
1. Hemp seed oil based hand and foot moisturizer
2. Ultra rich formula
3. Heals and soothes dehydrated irritated skin
1. If you don’t like aroma therapeutic skin care; this is not for you
6. The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
This is a cult favorite hand cream among dry to severely dry hand people. The ultra rich formula is dermatologically tested to work on dry chapped and irritation prone hand skin.
The main ingredient of this vegan and cruelty free hand cream is ethically produced hemp seed oil. According to the loyal users of this cream, it instantly replenishes moisture needs of dry hands.
The moisture level remains intact even after 5 hours. This is the best cream for those who wash their hands frequently.
If you’re on a hunt for the best hand cream, you’ll most probably love this!
1. Deep moisturizing cream for seriously dry hands
2. Increases skin’s moisture level by 50% or more
3. Best for using after hand sanitization
4. Vegan, ethical, environment friendly and cruelty free
Could not find any!
7. Supergoop Handscreen SPF 40
Hand cream and sunscreen…could they come together? Yes.
Their combination can be super effective as you can see in Supergoop Handscreen. You apply sunscreen in your entire body. Hands are often forgotten.
Unlike most body sunscreens, Handscreen does not feel sticky or gooey. Its broad spectrum protection safeguards your skin from harmful sun rays. It also provides deep moisturization and keeps your hands baby soft.
1. Hybrid between sunscreen and hand cream
2. Provides broad spectrum sun protection with SPF 40
3. Gently nourishes hand skin and prevents chaps
4. Made from clean ingredients
5. Used to contain bovine milk; became vegan after reformulation
1. Not waterproof
8. Glossier Hand Cream
It is a new launch hand cream manufactured as per the need of the hour. You can easily get away with dry hands after every hand wash if this tiny baby is there in your vanity!
It is a rich nourishing formula with zero tackiness. The meadowfoam seed oil, , rosemary and coconut extract based formula feels feather light on skin. The skin friendly formula is free from allergens like gluten, nut oils, soya milk and dairy products.
1. Specially designed hand cream for frequent hand washing with harsh soap and antibacterial
2. Rich yet non-sticky
3. Smells awesome
4. Cruelty free
1. Quantity is less
9. Lano Everywhere Multi-Cream
Lanolips’ Everywhere Multi-Cream is a superb on-the-go cream that you can apply literally everywhere. It can be your face moisturizer, body moisturizer, day cream, night cream or even a baby cream.
It is a multipurpose cream comes with stunningly high hydrating capability, 98.4% natural formula and emollient base. This cruelty free cream is a time tested solution for all your hand worries.
A lanolin based light formula protects from winter dryness. Calling out every sensitive skin dry hand person for this!
1. Lanolin based lightweight moisturizing cream
2. Made from ethically produced Australian merino wool
3. Multipurpose product; can be applied anywhere
4. Free from animal testing, petrolatum, paraben, artificial colorant
5. Great hand cream for frequent application of harsh hand cleansers
1. Not vegan
10. Trader Joe’s Moisturizing Hand Cream
This tried and tested hand cream is among our all time favorite drugstore picks. A paraben and cruelty free hand cream not only protects and moisturizes; but also prevents premature wrinkles on the hands.
The formula contains 20% pure shea butter from Africa, fatty acid rich hemp seed oil and coconut oil. Though this one gives you deep moisturizing effects, it doesn’t leave greasy residue on your palms. Highly recommended!
1. Lightweight hand cream with heavy duty performance
2. Replenishes dehydrated flaky hand skin
3. Does not leave greasy cast
Could not find any!
So these are some of the awesome hand cream for you to try! Which is your pick?
Share on Pinterest!