Last Updated on 12/30/2020
Deodorant is the basic need throughout the year. But you may find yourself reaching out to deo more during summer. Just like we do with sunscreen. Do you know that sunscreen is must all round the year? Coming back to deo, here is the guide for best cruelty free deodorant available in the market in 2021!
Deodorant is essential for those who sweat a lot. Also for those who don’t! There are plenty of deodorants available in the market. You’ll find tons of deodorants for every budget. Sadly, 60-70% out of them are animal tested formulas. For body odor (BO) protection, harming innocent animals doesn’t seem ethical.
Thankfully, there are some brands who still abide by the rules of humanity. They make effective and eco-friendly deodorants with zero cruelty. Take a look at the 10 best cruelty-free deodorants and choose yours!
*contains affiliate link(s)
You can find the difference between Deodorant vs Antiperspirant here in detail. Basically, deodorant mask odor whereas antiperspirant controls sweats by blocking sweat pores.
Key points to keep in mind:
- Deodorants are made up of essential oils and antiperspirant ingredients. Those ingredients might cause minor irritation to allergic rashes on your delicate underarm skin.
- I recommend you to do a patch test before trying any new deodorant.
- You should not apply deodorants on freshly shaved or waxed skin. Your skin requires at least 24 hours to calm down after a hair removal session.
- Apply when freshly out of shower, specially natural deodorant. This helps to increase their lasting power.
10 Best Cruelty Free Deodorant *2021*
1. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant
Lavanila is one of the oldest deodorants among the cruelty-free deodorants available in the US. It is Allure Beauty Awards 2016 winner. This Lavanila deodorant makes use of breakthrough beta glucan technology. It is aluminium and paraben free! Smells heavenly and keeps you fresh all day long. Scent is not over powering. The Healthy deo is available in Lavender, Pure Vanilla, Eucalyptus and Grapefruit variants. It is a natural deo which goes on smoothly. Moreover, it doesn’t stain your clothes.
1. Convenient to use stick
2. Long lasting
3. Comes in multiple variants
4. Free from aluminium, paraben, alcohol and baking soda
6. Pleasant scent
1. Contains essentials oils; might irritate sensitive skin
2. Might need reapplication every 4-5 hours for strong odor
2. Native Deodorant
Native Deodorant has an award winning formula. It is based on clean and safe ingredients like baking soda, coconut oil, tapioca starch, shea butter and probiotics. Native provides effective odor protection with its light scent. You can buy this aluminium free and vegan deodorant in both scented and unscented form. So no problem if you have a sensitive nose!
I recommend you to check out the Apple & Honeysuckle variant from seasonal range and Cucumber & Mint from the classic collection. It is also a natural deo that comes in a roll-on stick format. Native works well for sensitive skin as well as doesn’t feel sticky.
1. Natural and vegan
2. Comes in multiple fragrances (including unscented)
3. Does not stain clothes; no greasy residue
4. Plastic free eco-friendly packaging
1. Contains baking soda; do a patch test
3. Pretty Frank Natural Deodorant
Pretty Frank is a Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free brand. Their arrowroot and baking soda based deodorants reduces sweating and controls body odor. The alkaline base of baking soda neutralizes the acidic underarm skin. This is how Pretty Frank deodorants prevent odor causing bacteria and provides lasting freshness. All Pretty Frank deodorants are paraben, sulfate free and suitable for both everyone. It is available in different variants such as lavender, jasmine, lemongrass, etc.
The best selling point of this one is the pleasant scent. It is light and works great too. Smooth, easy to roll on and prevents from stinking. Okay, cool. Also available in jar. But I do suggest to keep off the jar version. Because hygiene.
1. Natural & gluten free
2. Contains shea butter & plant derived vitamin E
3. Available in scented and unscented formula
4. Pleasant smell
1. Baking soda might feel harsh
2. Reapplication needed
Shop here (lemongrass one)
4. Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant
Schmidt Deo handles your body odor and tacky sweaty feel like a boss! It is a magnesium enriched deodorant. This natural deo neutralizes the sweat production. It keeps you away from wetness all day long. It is vegan. Also Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free. Schmidt deo is aluminum and alcohol free. So, it is 100% safe for your underarms.
The formula is great and available in multiple variants. It is clean, fresh and super gentle on skin. The long lasting capacity is really incredible.
Schmidt also offer a fragrance free version for sensitive skin. It is free of baking soda. Hence, prevents you from itchy and rash armpits and also the body odor. Moreover, won’t stain your clothes. If you’ve sensitive skin, do give this a try and you may end up liking it.
1. Natural deodorant infused with jojoba & essential oils
2. Non-greasy and quick-absorbing
3. Plenty of variants to try
4. Aluminum and alcohol free
1. Variants such as charcoal may cause staining
5. Tom’s of Maine Deodorant
Tom’s of Maine Deo is best for those who love natural, sustainable and eco-friendly skincare. This skin balancing deodorant promises up to 48 hours of odor protection. It comes with its no aluminium formula. Tom’s of Maine Deodorant is available in Long Lasting, Natural Strength, Original Care, Antiperspirant and Prebiotic variants. Definitely try the Prebiotic range. It encourages skin-friendly bacteria to suppress the odor causing microbes. Light and pleasant scent, that is not heavy or bothersome. It works well on sensitive skin too.
1. Plant derived deodorants with mineral protection
2. Mild long-lasting fragrance
3. Vegan and skin-safe
4. No artificial fragrance and paraben
1. Might leave a sticky residue
6. Jack Black Pit Boss Antiperspirant & Deodorant
Pit Boss Antiperspirant & Deodorant comes as a roll-up stick. It has zero wetness or sensitivity. Jack Black is vitamin E, aloe vera and Aluminum Zirconium based. This antiperspirant controls sweat production. Pit Boss is a fragrant deodorant stick. It is one of the best deodorants for gym goers. If you have a strong BO, and other products have failed you, give this a try even if you’re a woman. It provides better protection against sweat too. It is a combination of deo + antiperspirant. Another good thing is the long lasting power of this one. Highly recommended! The smell is nice too.
1. Dermatologically tested antiperspirant
2. Voted as No. 1 men deodorant
3. Vegan and sensitive skin friendly
4. Long lasting fragrance
5. Artificial colorants and paraben free
1. Contains aluminium
7. Little Seed Farm Deodorant Cream
It is a 100% organic cream that prevents body odor in the most gentle way. It has paraben, gluten and GMO free formula. Instead of harsh baking soda & aluminium, Little Seed Farm uses moisture absorbent activated charcoal. The potent formula performs far better than clinical strength antiperspirants. It is available in 7 variants. Such as, lavender, rosemary patchouli & grapefruit lemon. A non-sticky deodorant with refreshing scent. Most importantly, it works great!
1. Activated charcoal based
3. Fresh fragrance & good stay time
4. Aluminium & baking soda free
1. Can’t prevent body odour for 24 hours(as per the claim)
8. Zion Health Clay Dry
Zion Health Clay Dry is a vegan, paraben, aluminium free deodorant. Comes with amazing fragrance selection. The formula is enriched with ionic mineral clay, witch hazel, vitamin E & green tea. This gluten free deodorant absorbs excess oil from the skin. Hence, prevents microbial growth and keeps your underarm clean. The wide fragrance range is divided into categories according to the fragrance and stay time. It includes Bold, Silk & Dare. This helps to pick one as per your need. It smells amazing and prevent you from smelling stinky!
1. Soothes the underarm skin
2. Keeps body odor at bay
1. Might cause zits of clogged pores
9. Certain Dri Everyday Strength Clinical Roll-On
Certain Dri Roll-On is the best cruelty free antiperspirant for highly active people. It is dermatologist recommended formula. Comes with 20% Aluminum Zirconium Complex. A quick absorbing deodorant temporarily blocks the pores of your underarm & prevents sweating. It is long lasting and available in 3 different strengths. Certain Dri roll-on keeps you dry and odor free. It has a solid stick that might get stiff during the cold months. The fragrance is also light and fades off sooner than later.
1. Antiperspirant + deodorant
2. Gets absorbed quickly
3. Long lasting
4. Prevents sweating by keeping armpits dry
1. Contains aluminium
10. Meow Meow Tweet Lavender Deodorant Cream
Meow Meow Lavender Deodorant is a cream based deo. It is made from certified organic ingredients. This cream is a clever combination of baking soda, arrowroot and clay in an aluminium free base. The lightweight cream seeps into the skin super fast. And provides sweat free underarms for long duration. The formula keeps you smelling good. It doesn’t block the pores of your underarm. It is also available in tea tree & grapefruit variants.
2. Baking soda free mild formula
3. Long lasting fresh smell
4. Plastic, aluminium, alcohol free and eco-friendly
1. Might irritate sensitive skin
2. Preservative free formula loses strength over time
Which is your favorite cruelty-free deodorant? Share in the comments below.
Share on Pinterest!